Thursday, May 6, 2010

The preparations have begun!

I was fortunate enough to be selected by Rotary International to be on a team headed to British Columbia for 3 weeks. We are going to look at forestry in British Columbia and are leaving on Saturday, May 8th!



I'm really looking forward to seeing another part of the world and how forestry is practiced there. I hope to be able to chronicle that here in blog form. Maybe some of my students will read it (yeah right, it's summer break). More importantly I hope this can serve as documentation of all the things we were fortunate enough to experience in British Columbia.



Last weekend I attended the Rotary District Conference in Greenville. I really went because I felt like I should (Rotary is paying for my trip after all) but I wanted to see the team from Australia present. I got way more than I expected. I had a wonderful time and met some wonderful people. Saw my first duck derby on Saturday. Even got to do a little line dancing with some reluctant Aussies! I hope they had a little fun :)

Duck Derby in Greenville, May 1, 2010. Thousands of little rubber ducks in the water.

I wish my new Aussie friends a great time here in South Carolina! Now, off to wrap some work up before the adventure begins. Stay tuned for more from British Columbia! Thanks Rotary!

No comments:

Post a Comment